Monday, August 2, 2010

Scrapbooking isn't the only thing I care about

This blog isn't only for my scrap booking attempts, successes and excitement. It is for me!! Selfish? Yes, I am. I wanted a place to talk about me.  I talk too much in general, but lately I feel like no one is listening.  That made me feel pretty sad and so when I joined the Cricut Circle and saw all these fun blogs I figured even if no one read my blog at least I was getting out what I wanted to say.

Scrap booking isn't my the only thing I care about. It happens to be something that I am doing a lot of this summer so it is getting a lot of attention, but I have other thoughts as well.  This is what is on my mind right now:

I miss my grandfather.  He passed away in January, just shy of his 90th birthday. He was a wonderful man. He was stern at times and did not always want to change his ways, but when he was with his family he was a happy guy always ready to lay a not so appropriate joke on you. He had 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. I have been cleaning the house a lot this weekend (a rare thing for me as I do not like cleaning at all) and happen to come buy a photo of him and my daughter that is one of my favorites. She was his first great-grandchild and I still think about the day we told him I was pregnant.

He was one of the only people that my husband and I got to tell in person. We went over to his apartment for dinner on night and I brought him a card. It had a picture of a baby playing the drums. On the inside I wrote, "maybe your first great-grandchild will be a drummer. We can start looking for signs when he or she arrives in May." It took him a few moments, but than he got this look on his face that I have seen many times. It was as if he had a question and was confused.  He looked at the note again and than asked if this meant what he thought it meant. When we confirmed it he smiled and hugged us both. When we cleaned out his apartment after he passed away, we found the card sitting in his side table with some other important notes and cards. I miss him when I look at that card (now hanging  in my office).

This is just one other thing I care about, but I felt that I was not totally being me by only talking about my Cricut and creations of late.



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading!
    Did you keep the card and picture? That'd be a great scrapbook page. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm sure he loved you a great deal and he'll live on in your heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss:(
    Hugs

    Stop by my blog I am actually having a giveaway right now:) For a preserves cricut cart:)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.