Saturday, October 9, 2010

Think Pink Challenge

                             
I was looking through the new Cricut Circle Blog this morning and saw the new Weekly Challenge. It read "Think Pink, Use Pink, Ruffles, Scallops, Flourishes, Glitter and Jewels ( incorporate any 3 on your project) In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month we wanted to do an ultra girly challenge to celebrate the strength of girls."
I knew that I wanted to do this right away. I looked at the exact rules and guidelines (had to include at least 2 cuts to qualify) and started to think about what I wanted to do.

This was the first time I was taking part in a challenge like this and I wanted it to be some of my best work. I have been doing a lot of cards lately and started thinking that I would for this, but than I decided to look at some pictures of my daughter to see if I could do a layout instead. As if she was reading my mind, my daughter started playing dress-up. I knew right away where I wanted to take my layout.

The result is one of my favorite layouts ever!  We always are telling our daughter that she can be whatever she wants to be (currently she wishes to be a princess, a teenager, and a teacher) and we also always talk about what a great personality is coming out in here lately. I wanted this layout to show my view of "Think Pink" and "celebrate the strength of girls." As a teacher I see girls who think they cannot be want they want all the time and I do my best to encourage them the other way. As a Mom, I know I will do the same for my daughter. I want her to grow up knowing

"You can be Anything, But always be You!!"

 All the paper is DCWV (The butterfly background is from The Spring Stack, the rest is from The Card stock Stack).The font for the page is Cherry Limeade (Lite Cartridge). The two scallop circles were made using Lacy Labels (Lite Cartridge). I cut the girls using Everyday Paper Dolls and their clothes,hair, and accessories are a mix between that and Paper doll Dress Up. I used Varsity Letter (Lite Cartridge) to make the S on the cheerleading uniform. I used jewels by Me&My Big Ideas to dot i's and exclamation points and to add a little sparkle to hair bows and crowns.





1 comment:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.