Sunday, January 30, 2011

January Monthly Blog Challenge

Okay so I was so not going to do this challenge for two reasons:
1. I do not have very much from the sponsors
2. At the start of the month I had not gotten any majoring buzzing in my ear ideas that I wanted to copy from the blog. 

Next thing I know I am using a sketch from the blog to create a page (Father's day layout for my 2-a-Week Challenge) and yesterday when looking at the blog and all the new Teresa Collins Designs...well I got inspired for a page I have been thinking about since May.

The January Monthly Challenge:
SCRAPLIFT A CIRCLE BLOG PROJECT!

"For this month’s challenge we would like to see you scraplift one of the projects you have seen us present here on the blog. It can be anything! And feel free to add your own creative twist to the project. Project must be newly created for this challenge and should include the following elements to qualify."
-Use 2 or more Cricut Cuts on the project.
-Use a project you have seen on the Cricut Circle Blog as inspiration for your project.
-Use products from at least two of our Sponsors

MY Scraplifted page for My daughter's 4th birthday.
For my project I used the following things:
- Hello Kitty Font for the "Sophie" and Cricut Classic Font to create the star and star frame behind it.
- The above project from Amy Mitchell & Teresa Collins on the Circle Blog
- Paper from American Craft (the orange polka dots) and created using the Cosmo Cricket Imagine Cartridge Elise (the background paper and solid colors that I cut the letters from)

I reversed the page because of the photo I was using and I hand wrote all the words on my tags.  I also used 4 little pink sparkles because this page is form my daughter's 4th birthday! I am pretty excited about this page.  I know it was the last day of the month,but I think I ended with a project I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.