Friday, January 28, 2011

Two-A-Week Challenge - Week 3

This week I did a 2 page layout for my personal challenge. I have a feeling this will be a pretty common occurrence while I tackle this challenge during the year.  I take so many pictures so 2 page spreads happen over and over again. I am finding that I have to censor myself just a little when I print out pictures or I need to make 4-6 page layouts to cover certain events.

The paper on the page is from the DCWC Christmas Combo cardstock stack and the ribbon is Christmas Snowflakes by The Paper Studio. I have gotten pretty comfortable using ribbon on my pages and cards now that I have found a good way of making it stick to my pages. I knew I loved my Xyron sticker maker!

Ashlyn's Alphabet bow


I almost did not use any Cricut cuts on this page, but I really wanted a little bow in the center of each page so I cut those with Ashlyn's Alphabet and added a little pearl on each one. Almost not using my Cricut made me think a lot about my scrap booking before I had a Cricut machine.  I am going to be doing a series of posts that look back on my projects before I had one (now that I have owned 2 Expressions and an Imagine).  I think it is fun to see what I created before I had this 
                                                          amazing machine.

One last fun fact about this layout is that one of the pictures shows another project I did last holiday season.  I took a try at etching glass and made many lovely gifts for people. I made baking dishes, mirrored candles holders and glasses for people. here you can see that the glass was etched.  It actually says "I made this!" which is what my good friend, Rick often says when people tell him they like gifts, but it also makes me smile because I really did make that!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute LO, I need to have a challenge for myself to get things done.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.