Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day Success (Wacky Wednesday Challenge #24)

Living in Chicago meant one thing yesterday: SNOW DAY!! With the wind blowing hard and the snow falling fast it was not hard to believe that the snow came up to my knees. I was able to get a few things done during the wonderful snow day I had yesterday and I am hoping today's snow day is equally as good!!

Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry, played in the snow with my daughter (we changed her gloves 4 times to make sure her hands stayed warm), cooked a meal for my family and oh yeah...I got some scrapbooking done as well!

This is the layout I did for More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday Challenge #24!!! Create anything using the colors Yellow, Blue and White. I am so proud of this layout. I know that it looks so simple in the photo but I did something I have never done before with this layout. The circle border was made using my Gypsy welding skills (The ones that I am discovering I actually have). The 4 circles is a border cut on the Cindy Loo cartridge and after practice and failure I finally got the border to go all the way around and welded together the way I wanted it to.  I have to say I so love my Gypsy!!

My other favorite part about this layout is the eggs on top. They are simple oval cuts from George & Basic Shapes, but I wanted them to look more like Easter Eggs so I embossed them with different Cuttlebug folders.  The letters are from Tear Drop. Thanks so much for stopping by my little piece of scrapbook world.



1 comment:

  1. Very Nice :) I am learning the Gypsy as well. I got the Gypsy A-Z DVD and it's a little corny in some ways but it does have good information. I think sometimes people try to be to cutesy on video. It does not have the new layout with new layers key or the photo buttonin the video.
    I haven't learned how to hide parts of an image to not cut it yet. That I need to learn!!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.