Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Coming Soon Board

Lately, I wish I could craft all day and all night, BUT..I am a full time teacher at a middle school so I cannot stay at home making things all day long (but summer is coming super fast so look out). I do however get to make things for school often so that helps with my addiction.

There is a lot to love about my job, but my favorite thing is working on the school plays and musicals. Each year I have 60 plus kids in the drama club every week and about 80 students try out for our play or musical each year. This year we will be performing Alice in Wonderland.
As the show gets closer and closer (April 14 and 15) I find more and more uses for my Cricut machine.This week I wanted to put up a simple message on the main hallway wall. I decorate this wall for all our sports and than for the play every year. With the show fast approaching I wanted to put a little teaser up. I cut the Cheshire Cat smile from the new Disney Classics cartridge. I used the face cut on the cartridge, but only cut the smile and mouth areas out to display. Than I cut out the words "Coming Soon" in Hello Kitty Font (still one of my favorites).
I placed the cuts on the wall by the current sports display. As we get closer to the show I am thinking of adding more and more to the cat to make him fully visible the week of the show. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! What a clever idea!! I gave you (another) stylish blog award. Go to my blog to check it out. allthingscrafty3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.