Sunday, March 20, 2011

Epic Fail? And A Hottie is coming to visit!

I decided a few months back that I was going to get 2 pages of scrapbooking done every week. My Two-a-Week Challenge has been...AN EPIC FAIL!!! I have not done a layout at all in several weeks so I have not quite met the challenge I set for myself. BUT...I am super happy with all the fun projects that I have created in the meantime. A couple of fun notebooks, a great banner for my school, puppets for my daughter and many many cards. I have been crafting like crazy and am having so much fun in the process. My husband says I am less stressed and he can tell that I am in the zone with the Cricut!!

Today I decided it was time to get a layout done once again and the Circle Message Board provided a great sketch as part of the Online Stampede we are having. I went looking thought my photos and found I had printed exactly 3 photos from my husbands birthday dinner back in December. I went to work right away this morning! I was not sure at first if I would have any Cricut cuts on the layout, but as always the wonderful Create A Critter came to mind and the adorable elephant just made the whole page come together right.
The paper and sticker used for this layout are from The Paper Studio's Memories collection. The paper is a coordinating flocked stack and the sticker set has two alphabets and many many other word and phrase stickers. I could not resist the "remember" sticker when talking about the stuffed animal elephant that my daughter insisted on getting for my husband because he had told her he wanted an elephant for his birthday and she did not forget!

In other fun news many of you may know that Chloe from Chloe and her Clip On Koalas has a Hot Scrap Assistant named Jacob and he soon will be embarking on a Hot Blog Hop. Chloe jut informed me that Jacob will be coming to visit us here in the Chicago land area for a two week period. I can not wait to have his help in my craft room and I have promised him some fun dates with the Barbi of his choosing. I only hope that he doesn't party too much at night so he can be helpful during my crafting time. Be on the look for Jacob and his Hot Blog Hop soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch and LO

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout! don't beat yourself up too much...just start fresh today! easier said than done!
    liz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to visit your blog to read about your hot guest assistant. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.