Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day!!

If you didn't already know: TODAY IS PI DAY! Not pie that you eat, but the mathematical term pi that has to do with circle measurement. The first three numbers in pi are 3.14 so March 14 is the day teachers celebrate pi!

The teacher in the room next door to my classroom is the Math teacher for our team and I think she is amazing teacher. She gets her students involved in her classroom in anyway she can think of. She holds weekly class meetings, teaches concepts and formulas using fun songs and YouTube videos and works hard to make sure they all get any help they need.  I wanted to make her a special Pi Day card to honor a big Math concept and her as well.
I cut this card using my new favorite envelope/card cut from Walk in My Garden. I added a bunch of layered circles all cut with the Creative Memories cutting system. The patterned paper was printed from the Yummy Imagine cartridge. I cut the word "pie" and the numbers 3.14 using From My Kitchen cartridge and than I simply cut the "e" off.  The "Happy" and "Day" letters were cut using Birthday Bash. I had to add a little sparkle as the dot to my "i" and I was still looking to add something extra so I used a Cut N' Paste adhesive border by K & Company. 

If you remember anything about Pi, email a math teacher and say thank you today. Or just have a slice of pie those are circles so it is a good way to celebrate.  This project is being enter in Scrapbookaholic By Abby's first ever challenge. The challenge is super fun: create a card in honor of a March holiday, anything will do!

13 comments:

  1. SOOO cute!!! I think that is the only I remember from my math days!!!

    Abby

    Thanks for participating!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow as part of the Design Team I want to thank you for participating in the challenge...such a cute project..... Hugggs toyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the folds and what a cute card. Thanks
    for playing with us. :D
    Hugs
    Meighen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative L.B love your shape card ! You remain me my student time with PI: 3.1416.... xoxox
    Thanks for playing this week with us at S.By Abby.

    Maria Elena SBA D.T
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so original,jajaja I love PI!!!
    thanks for playing with us this week at S by Abby
    Karla U
    S by Abby DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to let you know that I chose your blog for the Liebster Blog Award. It is awarded to newer blogs in order to draw some extra much deserved attention to your blog. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at S by Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous, what a wonderful way to give PI to a teacher. TFS and participating in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute!! Thanks for Playing with us in our first DT Challenge at S with Abby!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card it is super cute! I am also a teacher and to hear about amazing teachers making math fun brings chills to me! This makes me smile! Thank you for playing along with us this week at SA by Abby challenges! We hope that you join us again soon!
    ~Hugs~
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute card and a fun holiday! Good luck from Abby's Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooo cute! I love how it opens got my mind thinking. Great inspiration.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SSA by Abby challenges.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute idea! I'm sure this beautiful & very personalized card was appreciated :) Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.