Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bowling Party, Part 2

Okay so I was so sure I posted the favors and cake from the bowling party...but I guess I did not so I so need to do that! We had my daughter's 5th birthday party at a bowling alley. All these little 4 and 5-year-olds trying to push the balls down the lanes...so sweet and funny. I made the invites using Nifty 50's and went right back there to make the treat bags and cake decorations.

First the treat bags. I cut the bowling pin and ball shape plus the layers in a larger size to fit onto the bag and than I cut the fun background shapes (also Nifty 50's) in red and blue so I would know which bags had more boy themed or girl themed treats inside.


Next I wanted to Cricutize the cake. I had seen this done on a much larger scale for a graduation cake, but because I was sick the week leading up to the party I had to scale back a little bit. I bought and large sheet cake and had them write, "Happy Birthday Sophie" across the bottom of the cake so I could put my decorations in the empty space above. I cut out 10 pins and one ball and attached them with tape to cooking skewers. I placed them into the cake in the correct pattern and left space for the candles. My daughter and everyone at the bowling alley thought it was so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that the party went off without a hitch, but sorry to hear you were sick just beforehand. The cake is adorable. Love the design on the bags too. Great Job sweetie!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags and the cake. It sounds like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.