Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Cricut Thursday #3


Well I got off track for awhile with my No Cricut Thursdays, but 2 weeks ago I shared some fun gift tags to go on some wedding favors and today I have a simple page that was made using a Monthly Options kit from PineCone Press. I have been thinking about joining a monthly club that sends you a fun kit of papers and embellishments each month. I have gotten some great ideas from my Cricut Circle sisters and have yet to decide which one to join, but I was at Archivers and they had some of the kits you can get from PineCone press so I bought one to see what I thought. Here is what the kit included ($22 at Archivers):

- 4 double sides pattern cardstocks
- 2 deco edged with stitching pages
- 2 solid sheets that matched
- 2 rings to bind with
- 1 sheet of word art stickers (VERY COOL!)
- 4 pieces of coordinating ribbon
- 12 page book of ideas


I like what the kit included and the book has some good inspiration, but I am still on the fence about buying more from them.

For my page I used one of the fun stitched pages and a small section of a two-sided cardstock, plus one sheet of the solid as my back. I also used one of the word stickers. These are really fun. You can use them in many ways (solid, take the letters out, use as a stencil for on your page). I choose to leave the black letters of "joy" off my page and colored them in with some green Stickles instead. I also added two green brads to the corners of the sticker to give some more sparkle.
Overall I am pleased with what I created with this kit. This is a photo of my daughter with all four of her grand parents who adore her if you can not tell! The really do bring me joy as the sticker says. have a Happy Thursday.


1 comment:

  1. Adorable layout. I love the papers. Very pretty. The word art is cool too. Way to go!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.