Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Craft Room Word Collage

I wanted to buy the project cartridge Word Collage as soon as I first saw it. I saw the preview projects and knew it would be a cart I would enjoy using. I was lucky to find it this weekend at Joann's (it was still in the back in a box, but the card was out so I made them get it for me).

When I got it home I took it our to link to my Gypsy and just got even more excited looking at the included collages. I had not looked at all the options the cart had before buying it, so imagine my surprise at the Shakespeare collage (My license plate is a Shakespeare play so you could say I am a fan). I also had not seen the craft ideas collage...which now thinking it over cannot believe I missed.

I really wanted to explore the cart so last night I made a fun collage to hang in my craft space. I cut the craft collage almost as large as a 12x12 sheet (I left an edge so I could frame the whole collage with another paper). Once again I decided to do the reverse and instead of putting each letter onto a backing I used several different papers and put them on the back of the sheet I had just cut.
I used the wonderful new paper stack I just bought from My Mind's Eye: Antique Dots and backed each word in one of the different patterns. The solid cardstock is from the Nostalgia Super Stack by Core'dinations. I carefully glued on the inside of letters (a's and o's). It wasn't much to look at from the back as a lot of messy trimming was involved.
After trimming the edges of each side of the base I attached the whole collage to one more dotted paper from the collection. I love what my result is. I plan on either modpodging the whole thing and atatching it to cardboard before hangins it with a fun ribbon piece OR framing in in one of those 12x12 frames. Either was I am excited about my first time try at Word Collage. I know my Imagine will help with this fun cart as many have alreday shown, but I am glad I did this first project like this.
After seeing the tpic for the Link Up Party at Patches of Pink: Happiness (make something that talks about what makes you happy..I had to add this project as well crafting makes me happy!)


16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Word Collage project! This is going to look great hanging in your craftroom!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks super fantastic! I may just have to do this for my area too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! I loved that you put the different papers on the back. That's seems SOOO much easier that moving all the letters around! I want this cartridge now!!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a word lover and I have been hesitant about this cartridge because unless you are cutting vinyl, Es don't take to little letters very well. How big is your sign? It's gorgeous by the way!! ~ Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this idea!! I just have to make one for my craft area!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Your collage makes ME smile!
    Thanks for linking up at Patches of Pink!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt the same way when I saw the word collage cart images. Great job on the sign

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project!!! Very creative! Thanks for joining us at Patches of Pink!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I didn't think I wanted this cart but seeing this I realize I do ..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just ordered this last night! I am so excited about this one! DIDN'T SEE IT EITHER! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so wonderful! How creative. You're making me want that cart now. Thanks for joining us at Patches of Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You took 1st place in this week's favorites from the DT Happiness link-up on Patches of Pink. Check it out here:

    http://www.patchesofpink.com/2011/08/dt-favorites-and-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea putting the paper behind. I fell in love with cartridge when I first saw it too and I picked it up on a recent trip to the US(from Canada). It wasn't out on the floor but was in their cage at the front of the store. I just used it for the first time last night and it was a lot of glueing but will be great with vinyl. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummmm I spy Minds Eye!!! Lol. LOVE it. All those things totally make me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice use of my Word Collage cartridge. As I was creating this cart, I knew that I needed to include a crafting sign for people to hang up in the craft rooms. I especially like how you backed all of the words in different colors. Nice job!

    I am sure that Jacob would love to share his insider information with you, but you'll quickly find out that he tends to be the strong but silent type! Thanks for following my blog, and good luck with the contest. I can't wait to see what fun things Jacob does with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!! So cute and a great idea for your craft room!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.