Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome Back Mustangs!

Today is the first day of school for my students. After two days of meetings last week I am happy to welcome my 8th graders back. I know people say I am crazy, but I look forward to the start of the school years every year. I see so much potential in a new class and I have no doubt they will bring me all the challenges and successes I enjoy.


 My school's mascot is the Mustang so this year for the main hallway I cut out two horses from Old West to place on my display. I had to color in the hoofs and glue on the hair before finishing them off by using a black marker for the detail lines. I made the second horse by flipping the design on my Gypsy horizontally.

For the letters I used the wonderful Plantin Schoolbook (I just love how the layers on this font look even if it is so old school Cricut!). I used the basic font in blue plus the layers in red. I am happy my students will see this welcome back when they walk in today! Happy Back to School to all!

5 comments:

  1. Love the display! We are the Colts, so this looks like something we would do... Maybe I will scraplift it. Hope your first day went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great display! Have a wonderful first day back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being retired from teaching for 5 years, I still have that special feeling about the first day of school, but...I just lay down and let it pass over! LOL!!! I am so thankful there are wonderful people like you that love to teach! Great Welcome Back sign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display looks awesome! I love that font, very easy to read from far away and the mustangs are perfect to frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have something for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.