Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just a Note Cards

I have been working on some cards for Operation Write Home. Recently I made some using my Art Philosophy Cartridge and stamps and had some left over layers that I did not use. I glued those down as a top layer around a simple "just a note" stamp to piece together these cards.
I needed something a little extra to make the card look more creative so I punched the holes in my red and white layer and glued in ribbon pieces (I did not go all the way through the back because I only had a small amount of this ribbon left in my stash). Next I layered them on the card before hiding the ribbon pieces with a solid red.
I wanted to have one more little touch on these cards so I stamped an "xoxo" from Stampabilities onto the inside blank writing space.

I am up to 14 cards in my collection (almost half way to my goal of 30 by the end of this spending freeze.) I am having fun making cards knowing they will be used for something good.
BLOG TITLE
I am posting this as my project for theMade It Myself Mondays Link Up party.

3 comments:

  1. How creative! Love your use of ribbon!
    Carolyn
    cccscraproom@windstream.net
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards. What a great way to use your scraps (paper cuts and ribbon). They turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo nice! very elegant looking, i really love the ribbon detail.

    keep krafting!
    -kristen =]

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.