Sunday, November 20, 2011

Girls Just Want to Have Fun (Scrap it With a Song)



I have fallen in love with the challenges at Scrap It With A Song. I get to combine my love of scrapping with my love of music and the pages I am creating for these challenges are allowing me to be playful and creative with my tools and ideas. I highly encourage you to join in each week. At the end of the month they select a winner form all the entries.
This week the song is "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper.For the challenge you use the title or lyrics as inspiration for you projects. Believe it or not I actually had these cute pictures of my daughter from Crazy Hair Day in March. Could her outfit be any more perfect for this song?
I knew what I wanted the page to look like...just like her hair that day..BOWS everywhere. I went to my ribbon jar and pulled out all sorts of ribbon pieces and made little bows out of them. I cut out letters using my  All Mixed Up cartridge and played with placing them on the page until I got it just right. I like that I mixed the circle letter cuts with the plain letters as it made the page more fun to me.
Once I got everything put together I added a little bling here and there as final touches. I also labeled the page with a white pen...I have been playing with handwriting on my layouts and love the way this turned out. 
Here is the final layout which is going in the Just 4 Me Album I started in April!
Again I have to push you towards these fun challenges. You never know what you will come up with from the songs and ideas posted by the design team. You get all month to post! Tonight Jacob selects his final 4 and a winner of the Stretch You Imagination Cartridge.

8 comments:

  1. Great layout - - love all the little bows!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe too cute:)

    I wish I had a girl to scrap such cute pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Layout is so Cute! Your Pictures of your little girl are Adorable and are perfect for the song Girls just wanna have fun! and love how you put the bows everywhere. Super Cute. Thanks for Sharing! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layout!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SIWAS!!! Make sure you come check out our blog hop Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable LO! Tutu cute..:) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific Lo and I love the title work!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.