Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Love Box with Silhouette Cameo


My new Silhouette Cameo arrived on Friday and over the weekend I played with it a little to try getting the hang of everything. I am just taking my time getting to know the machine, but here are some highlights so far:
*Able to cut right away with only some basic directions
* It cuts my favorite fonts right off my computer so my printed journal boxes will match cut titles
* When it cuts fold lines they fold so easy SEE..
This little heart topped box is a Lori Whitlock download on Silhouette Studio. It comes with a heart shaped border as well, but I decided not to use that for this box. I made the box fill my mat and after cutting the box I measured the sides so I could cut the layers I added on. All the paper is DCWV Spring Fling (both printed and solid).
Next, I selected one of the many new fonts I have been downloading to use with the Cameo. This one is called "Creampuff" and I got it for free at Scrapvillage. It is very similar to the font on Hello Kitty Fonts and seeing as that is a favorite of mine I am sure it will be used often.
I wanted to have the letters pop out a little more so I used my Glossy Accents on the top heart closure and the letters. This is what it looked like while waiting to dry (Thankfully, I remembered to fold it up before putting the letters on as I wanted the letters to be in order with the "L" in front.) 

That is all for now. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I am going to link this up over at Sarah Hamer Designs for her Tuesday Link Up Party. 

8 comments:

  1. If I get a Cameo, it will be all due to you and your CUTE creations! I love it!

    PinkE
    Creations By PinkE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just love it?!? I am still learning my machine also, and taking it very slow! It really is an amazing cutting tool and I am totally in love! Your project is just adorable...I have already found out that I adore Lori Whitlock designs! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhh this is ADORABLE!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I "love" your love box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I scrolled through your pics before I read the description and I was like, humm, Velo is a creative name :P I "love" this box :) You did a fabulous job!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is your box! Lucky you to get a silhouette !! Enjoy :)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH- I am LOVING this box!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.