Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thank You for Time!

Today, I am thankful for having some time to once again get to know my Silhouette Cameo machine. I have been selecting cuts very slowly to purchase (I have a feeling a gift card to the store is part of my birthday gifts next month!) and today I selected a set of detailed borders designed by Jamie Koay to buy and try out.
I made a simple thank you card for my card stash. I am learning that the blade settings are not that easy to get used to. This Paper is from the American Crafts page kit, Dear Lizzy, and was very thick. I had to cut this border twice and I did not get it cut in the right place on the mat which is why I ended up with a card instead of the original layout I was thinking of.
The stamp I used for this card is from the Close to My Heart, A Little Thanks set and I embossed the background with this cute Paper Studio embossing folder. When I was just about done I felt that the front needed something else so I pulled out a fun sheer flower and a button to add on. In the end, I think it turned out just right. Hope you are having a lovely day whatever you get to do. Hopefully I will have lots to post this week after my time today.
The inside of the card with
more paper from the American Crafts Kit.

4 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.