Monday, August 20, 2012

Which Direction Will You Go?

Back to School time has officially arrived for me. Today is the first day with my new group of middle schoolers. I tend to love the first day of school, but I am sad to see summer go. BUT... It is time now for the 3rd installment of my Back to School Wall Display. This display is all about getting involved in the different sports and clubs offered at my school and I so love creating it each year. My theme for the year...
Thanks to my sister's travel theme I came up with the idea of creating this giant road sign pointing towards all our school offers students for getting involved. I cut out 20 of these sign markers with my Cricut Pop-Up Neighborhood and using my Silhouette I select 20 different fonts to add on with the titles.
It was a lot of fun selecting all the different fonts and finding a few new free ones for my collection. For the title of the wall I selected the cute arrow font on Boys Will Be Boys.
I made myself a road map before heading out to hang this at school, last week, because I wanted to make sure I had things in the order I planned (Very helpful).
I am happy with the results and several teachers have already told me it is there favorite of the 3..not bad!!  Happy Back to School to everyone. I hope it is a great year!

4 comments:

  1. Looks Great!! Bright and fun to look at!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love what you did with the sign markers and the font you used for the title is just perfect. Such a creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I added your blog button to my side bar! <3

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.