Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'd Pick You!

Do you ever find a sketch and have so many ideas for how you want to use it?  That is how I feel about the sketch I used to create this flowered friendship card.

The sketch is by Carson's Creations and is being used for the Die Cuttin' Divas  challenge this week. You can create up to 3 projects for the challenge which is good because I loved that you could use this sketch in a variety of ways so I had to use it for more than one project (I also used it on my Smile layout from Thursday). For today's card I just turned to sketch 90 degrees.

For this card I selected an image off the Something to Remember Circle cartridge as my base. I matched it up with a sentiment from the Pink By Design Life's a Garden set and went from there.
 At first I wasn't sure what to use in the spot for the circles, but then I remembered all my flowers...The perfect thing, even if I did only use 4 instead of five form the sketch.
This year, my goal is to make sure the insides of my cards are not empty, so I added a little block at the bottom and a cute sentiment off the Rain or Shine set form Pink by Design as well. My Creative Memories circle cutter still works so well for this kind of thing.
Inside and out I am satisfied with this second project based on the great sketch. Happy to be part of this fun sketch challenge (twice!!)

5 comments:

  1. Great card and I just love plaid and flowers. Thanks for the sketch shout out. I sure do like to make them. I am glad you were able to join us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas. I sent you an e-mail this morning. Talk to you soon!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cut. Have never seen that one before. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch!Awesome card!Love it!Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card - this is truly a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.