Friday, February 1, 2013

Sleeping Beauties

It is the month of love and I am so in love with all these new decorative tapes (washi tapes, craft tapes)!  They just make your projects take a different turn and are super easy to work with. Recently I have been using them all the time, which is why I added the label decorative tapes to my posts. For this layout I actually was playing with the tapes before I had any idea what it would turn into...

I just love the look that the tapes give a solid piece of card stock. All I did was group the tapes I wanted (all of these are from Recollections at Michael's) together and tape them down on my 12x12 sheet of paper.  I wrap them around the top and bottom and cut of the ends since no one is going to see the back of the page. The tape almost looks like you added ribbon to your projects.
Another fun new toy I got in October is this ek success border punch. I cut some solid card stock and used the punch to create my border. Then I cut it into two pieces so I could emboss the pieces (I push the dots into the design rather than have them be popped up).
I assembled the page and it needed a fun title. This page is actually part of a Disney album I am working on so Sleeping Beauty seemed just right. I cut the title off the Disney Happily Ever After cartridge and added it to a simple rectangle backing.To make it look like a door hanger I attached some ribbon and "hung" it from this crown brad (pretty sure the brad is from The Paper Studio).
The two sleeping beauties now live in the Disney Album from our trip in October 2011...finally getting close to finishing that one!  Hope you are having a magical day, as they say in Disney World.
Today is also the first day of the Month of Letters Challenge.  It felt so good putting an envelope in the mail today for someone with a quick hello. I am going to send out a piece of snail mail (handwritten notes and fun) everyday this month. For more information check out the Month of Letters site.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic combination of tapes to add such great COLOR! It seems like that would be a bit faster than cutting down a bunch of strips of paper. I will have to try that soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout, and love the sign. The tapes do look so nice together, too!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.