Friday, June 14, 2013

Navy Pier: Project Life #1

I did it. I got my first Project Life page completed last night! My daughter was traveling with my parents last week so my husband and I took a whole day as a "date". We headed to Navy Pier in Chicago.

I used cards from the Blush edition core kit as the base of my pockets without photos, but I wanted to add my own touches as well.  I  cut out a bunch of hearts form Designer's Calendar and placed them around in the different pockets.  I  even put some Burgundy Stickles on one.
I also cut out the word "date" using the Old West cartridge. I cut it out form one of the cards in the kit so it would coordinate just right.  For the top journal box I used my Dear Lizzy date stamper for the date. I love the look of the stamped on date.
I am pleased with this first Project Life page. Here's to many more. Hope you all have a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. wow...you did it! Great job on your first PL page! Looks like you 2 had a wonderful time - great photos! I hope to find some time to start mine in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought lots of stuff and am going to start in July. Yay! I like the idea of mixing cricut cuts in. That's my plan. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your start - so nice to have a date day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, you got it started. I started at the beginning of the year after doing the December Daily. I'm loving it even though I'm not always up to date. Printed a lot pictures yesterday so that's what I'll be working on. You're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee!! I can't wait to see how your PL progresses!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.