Tuesday, January 3, 2017

First Sketch of 2017 with Die Cuttin' Divas

Happy New Year to all of the Die Cuttin' Divas out there. It is time for our first challenge of the year and of course as it is the first Tuesday of the year it is also our first sketch challenge of the year. Come play along with us this week and all year.
For this sketch I decided to create a new notebook for my crafting room. I keep all sorts of notes in my book while creating to get measurements right or sketch out ideas.
I covered a simple composition notebook a with a fun polka dot paper. I even added a little pocket on the front cover in order to side simple photo or notes as needed. (this is the full sheet of paper I used so I have a secret inside pattern)
I found the sentiment stamp and I really wanted to use it on this so I found a pocket cut to work with and got to work selecting my papers to complete the sketch.
I am super happy with the turn out and am already filling the notebook up with ideas and plans for upcoming projects. I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas. Thanks for stopping in.

Supplies:
- Sketch from Carson's Creations
- Old West Cricut Cartridge - pocket
- Simply Sweet Cricut Cartridge - heart with stitches
- Pink By Design Pocket Full Stamp set
- Disney Mickey Mouse & Friends - red polka dot paper
- Pink Paislee Memorandum - gray pocket paper
- DCWV hello darlin' paper stack - yellow pattern 

6 comments:

  1. Great notebook!! Love it, love the sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!
    This notebook is very pretty!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty way to decorate a notebook. So glad you are on our DCD team! Looking forward to a fabulous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike! Your altered notebook turned out great! I love the pocket on the front.

    I have a crafting notebook, too, and a "to do" notebook. I LOVE lists! :)

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful project!! Happy New Year.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty project! Pocket with the hearts looks great! Looking forward to playing along with you at DCD!
    Glenda's Cards

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.